Re: [LAU] like "qjackctl", but trimmed of all fat

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 18:12:15 EEST

Excerpts from Aaron Krister Johnson's message of 2010-05-26 16:50:22 +0200:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> What version of jack and jack_lsp are you using? I see that you are getting
> what look like verbose messages, which is not how my version behaves. Did
> you enable them by default in some kind of config file? I don't understand
> why that's happening except that some newer or older version than what I
> have is enabling verbose behavior by default.
>
> My script depends on a clean output to predictably be summoned by a simple
> call to 'jack_lsp -c'....what is the output of this command on your system?
> On mine, I just get a list of ports and any connections, no extra messages.
> I'm using jack 0.118.0. What's your version.
>
> I *can* make a robust way of mining this output, but I would need to know
> what different jack_lsp versions do!!! ARGH!
>
> AKJ

This was jack2 1.9.5, compiled with --profile.

Now I'm using 0.118.0 and get this:
$ ./jackctl20100526.py

Welcome to jackctl.py! Enter the two numbers you want to connect,
separated by a space, then hit return. To see the list again, type 'l'.
To disconnect clients type 'd' and then the two clients separated by a
space
Control-D will end the program

here's what's connected to jack so far:
0) system:capture_1
1) system:capture_2
2) system:playback_1
3) system:playback_2
jackctl-->

Seems to work so far, so it might be due to jack 1.9.5

--
Regards,
Philipp