Re: [LAU] Synth: Dubstep Bass

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 22:29:46 EEST

Excerpts from Harry Van Haaren's message of 2010-05-27 21:09:26 +0200:
> Hey all,
>
> I used to produce some dubstep songs (totally synthesized) using various
> proprietary solutions,
> but I'm recently attracted to the bass frequencies again.
>
> Hence I'm looking for a good synth for bass, with plenty of assignable
> LFO's, Portamento, and... sounding good!
>
> I've a little experience with MX44, another little bit with AlsaMod Synth, a
> bit of a giggle with ZynSubAdd, a play around
> with the recent Yoshimi, but I'm not convinced of any really heavy bass yet.
>

> Chances are that I've not got the right settings for the synth, Just
> wondering if there's any dubstep guys out there using linux synths,
> or if anybody has any PD dubstep patches?
>
> Cheers, -Harry

I don't know whether it's the right kind of bass, but nekobee is an
afaik quite realistic TB-303 emulation. xsynth seems to be quite simple
but popular, phasex is very powerful and there are plenty more options
(3x calf, analogmodellingsynth, ...), hell, you could try to paint your
basslines using arss :)

HTH at least a little

--
Regards,