Re: [LAU] memlock lack

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 22:34:17 EEST

Hey,

Adding the line:
@audio - memlock unlimited

should be safe enough. I've set up many systems, usually that does the trick
fine.

I have noticed that sometimes.. (seemingly quite random to me) some apps
(like Ardour)
would warn that "memlock is unlimited" and that could *cause* lock ups, and
it should be set
to something like "memlock 151832" or along those lines.. (Please dont use
that number, it totatlly
depends on how much RAM your system has, and how many apps your going to be
running etc etc)

Cheers, -Harry

WRT: