[LAU] memlock lack

From: J. <jonathangoodman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 22:22:26 EEST

Hi all,
I updated to ubuntu 10.04 it asked me if I wanted a real-time kernel. I agreed. when I start jack I get a warning:
Memory locking is unlimited - this is dangerous. You should probably alter the line:
  @audio - memlock unlimited
in your /etc/limits.conf to read:
  @audio - memlock 769515

I went to the limits.conf there was only:
 @audio - rtpro-99 (or something similar). not
@audio - memlock unlimited
Under system administrator ubuntu studio controls there is a setting for memlock can I set it there?
Because I have had a lock up already. And I'm not a Linux user I'm only setting up a computer for some one who is and is not in the position to do it himself.
If it is better to set up from the command line please let me know.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5151 (20100527) __________

http://www.eset.com