[LAU] mixing techniques and synth : book references ?

From: Jean-Yves Poilleux <jypllx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 11:00:17 EEST

Hi everyone,

I've been try to compose for several months/years now and i'm never pleased
with the mix and with the synth sounds. My use of effects and filters are
more or less random. I'm self-educated here but not very well ;-).
More, each time I listen to my tracks on a new system, it sounds different.

So I'm willing to learn some mixing techniques (and some synth techniques as
well). I'd like to have a better understanding of sound mixing and synth. A
little studying will do me good.

Do you know any good book references about these subjects, french or english
? Of course if they tackle the subject of free audio software as well I
would just be great.

Thanks for your help !

jy