Re: [LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 00:23:03 EEST

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 08:06:15 Simon Wise wrote:
> But this isn't the only market for a studio artist, recorded music is
> used, and paid for, in films, games, a huge range of places. If it is
> out there and liked by an audience it is easier to sell to these
> markets - either existing work or commissions. Allowing free downloads
> with a Non Commercial license doesn't stop you selling for commercial
> purposes, and may well help make the sale happen.

I think I saw mention that this was to be a straight By project. This will
likely cut down the opportunities for film & TV licensing. BY-SA would retain
most of these opportunities while still making the album Free (libre)

Leonard, you may want to consider this for your next album. It would be odd to
make this change after having already raised support for this one.

all the best,

drew