Re: [LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 00:27:20 EEST

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 08:06:20 Dave Phillips wrote:
> It's also worth noting that in my home area (NW Ohio) the pay scale for
> club musicians hasn't changed significantly in more than thirty years.
> Most venues don't like paying out more than $300 to $350 for a 4-hour
> gig

Perhaps if we get to the point where enough Free music exists for a band to be
able to play a gig in a club consisting of only Free music (and perhaps laws
will have to change too, I admit ignorance here) there will be more money
available to go to the band rather than to the collection societies?

We shall see.

all the best,

drew