Re: [LAU] Moustaches, atrocities, news stories, surrealism... and Linux Music

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 13:28:19 EEST

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 02:03:16AM -0700, pshirkey@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > In the interest of drawing moustaches upon music, and in commemoration of
> > recent atrocities alluded to in a surreal LAU thread (BP destroying the
> > Gulf of Mexico, IDF raiding protest ship, central banks raiding Greece,
> > Spain, the USA, and everywhere, and the people who died or will die due to
> > many of the above), and lesser atrocities committed upon the New Model
> > Army by Swinger, I submit my own atrocity which was committed using
> > Fluidsynth, JACK-RACK, Calf plugins, and Ardour:
> >
> > http://storage.restivo.org/music/krmusic/semipublished/bachatrocity-mixed.ogg
> >
> > The environmental sounds are of the coast of the Pacific Ocean, not of the
> > sites of the atrocities on the Gulf of Mexico or the Mediterranean, but
> > you get the general drift. One ocean, one people, one planet, all that.
> > The bassline is from Bach, and the rest of it, unfortunately, is fully my
> > fault.
> >
> > Oh yeah, moustache too:
> > http://storage.restivo.org/images/Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg
> >

> I've been revisiting Zappa all day on you tube... What about a Restivo
> rendition of Inca Roads?

Heh, Inca Roads, yeah sure, not likely, at least in my lifetime.

However, from the vaults, you might this clip from a coffee shop gig over a year ago:

http://storage.restivo.org/music/krmusic/live/zoriken-mysteryzappa.ogg

That was me on keyboards and bass, and Zori on congas.

Guess which Zappa song. Hint: not Inca Roads.

(This one too will only stay up a short while, just for your amusement)

-ken