Re: [LAU] Moustaches, atrocities, news stories, surrealism... and Linux Music

From: <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 14:38:58 EEST

> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 02:03:16AM -0700, pshirkey@email-addr-hidden
> wrote:
>> > In the interest of drawing moustaches upon music, and in commemoration
>> of
>> > recent atrocities alluded to in a surreal LAU thread (BP destroying
>> the
>> > Gulf of Mexico, IDF raiding protest ship, central banks raiding
>> Greece,
>> > Spain, the USA, and everywhere, and the people who died or will die
>> due to
>> > many of the above), and lesser atrocities committed upon the New Model
>> > Army by Swinger, I submit my own atrocity which was committed using
>> > Fluidsynth, JACK-RACK, Calf plugins, and Ardour:
>> >
>> > http://storage.restivo.org/music/krmusic/semipublished/bachatrocity-mixed.ogg
>> >
>> > The environmental sounds are of the coast of the Pacific Ocean, not of
>> the
>> > sites of the atrocities on the Gulf of Mexico or the Mediterranean,
>> but
>> > you get the general drift. One ocean, one people, one planet, all
>> that.
>> > The bassline is from Bach, and the rest of it, unfortunately, is fully
>> my
>> > fault.
>> >
>> > Oh yeah, moustache too:
>> > http://storage.restivo.org/images/Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg
>> >

>> I've been revisiting Zappa all day on you tube... What about a Restivo
>> rendition of Inca Roads?
>>

> Heh, Inca Roads, yeah sure, not likely, at least in my lifetime.

Yeah, Listening back through his recordings today it seemed like it took
him 20 years before he really nailed it too. IMO, the 1989 live recording
is the cleanest and most acoustically challenging.

> However, from the vaults, you might this clip from a coffee shop gig over
> a year ago:
>
> http://storage.restivo.org/music/krmusic/live/zoriken-mysteryzappa.ogg
>
> That was me on keyboards and bass, and Zori on congas.
>
> Guess which Zappa song. Hint: not Inca Roads.

I also heard that riff today. But I can't remember which track it is from.
Could be any Latin house track from the past 10 years too! Here it remixed
on Gilles Peterson all the time.

> (This one too will only stay up a short while, just for your amusement)

Very nice. You should do more of that vibe.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.