Re: [LAU] Moustaches, atrocities, news stories, surrealism... and Linux Music

From: Peder Hedlund <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 15:17:13 EEST

Quoting pshirkey@email-addr-hidden:

>> Heh, Inca Roads, yeah sure, not likely, at least in my lifetime.
>
> Yeah, Listening back through his recordings today it seemed like it took
> him 20 years before he really nailed it too. IMO, the 1989 live recording
> is the cleanest and most acoustically challenging.

I don't think would take the 1989 version before the 1974 Helsinki
Concert any day of the week.
Sure Inca-89 has a more elaborate arrangement but I think that was
more out of necessity since he didn't want the horn/woodwind section
to just stand there during the song.

Trouble Every Day and The Evil Prince though are great examples of
rather boring songs evolving into greatness over the years.