Re: [LAU] the yoshimi - jack session alliance ...

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 12:24:26 EEST

Excerpts from cal's message of 2010-06-08 10:00:47 +0200:
> I've been exploring jack session support in yoshimi. There's a very first
> cut at <http://www.graggrag.com/yoshimi/yoshimi-0.059-pre0.tar.bz2>.
>
> I'd be ever so grateful if anyone with an interest in the yoshimi-jack
> session alliance could give it a run, and let me know where it explodes,
> dissolves your keyboard, or demonstrates other non-compliant behaviour.
>
> I've only just got it to the point where I'm starting to poke it about
> from an SM, so please don't set expectations too high just yet. Save
> session and load session seem to work. I'm not getting the jack midi
> connections back though, so I'm still puzzling over that one.
>
> cheers, Cal

This version didn't manage to detect my cpu correctly (should use
core2), 0.058 did.

I gave it a whirl with tschack-git and qjackctl-svn.
I couldn't get it to start yoshimi or restore its internal state, but if
I start yoshimi and then load the session it restores the connections,
in my case simply jackmidi from my piano through a2jmidid -e to yoshimi and audio
to hw out.

HTH

--
Regards,