Re: [LAU] Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 12:21:31 EEST

Hi,

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:57:13 +0200
Nicolas BERCHER <nbercher@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> So, I checked what's going on:
> $ aseqdump --list
> Port Client name Port name
> 0:0 System Timer
> 0:1 System Announce
> 14:0 Midi Through Midi Through Port-0
> 20:0 SB Live! Value [CT4870] EMU10K1 MPU-401 (UART)
> 24:0 USB Keystation 88es USB Keystation 88es MIDI 1
> $ aseqdump -p 24:0
> Waiting for data. Press Ctrl+C to end.
> Source_ Event_________________ Ch _Data__
> 24:0 Control change 0 64 127
> 24:0 Note on 0 82 82
> 24:0 Note on 0 82 0
> 24:0 Control change 0 64 0
>
> The above sequence dumped by aseqdump shows only one note event
> (lines 2+3: press+release) but I heard a delayed note as mentioned in
> my first mail.

Actually, there are two note events and both are NOTE ON, one with
velocity of 82 and the other 0. The velocity 0 should be interpreted as
NOTE OFF.

I had a similar problem and solved it by putting kmidimon between my
keyboard and sequencer.

Could it be that qsynth doesn't handle NOTE ON with
velocity of 0 as NOTE OFF? Although I imagine that translation should
be happening at a lower level... just a guess.

David