Re: [LAU] Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 12:12:51 EEST

Nicolas BERCHER wrote:
> On 06.06.2010 23:44, Ken Restivo wrote:

>>> Try putting a MIDI monitor program between the keyboard's MIDI output
>>> and QSynth's input port in QJackCtl. Look for the repeats there.
>>>
>>> If you have KDE: http://kmidimon.sourceforge.net/
>>>
>>> For Gnome/GTK: http://home.gna.org/gmidimonitor/
>>>

>> For none of the above (my preference): aseqdump :-)
>>
>> -ken
>>

> Thank you for answers.
> Yes, I also prefer command line tools! ;-)
> So, I checked what's going on:
> $ aseqdump --list
> Port Client name Port name
> 0:0 System Timer
> 0:1 System Announce
> 14:0 Midi Through Midi Through Port-0
> 20:0 SB Live! Value [CT4870] EMU10K1 MPU-401 (UART)
> 24:0 USB Keystation 88es USB Keystation 88es MIDI 1
> $ aseqdump -p 24:0
> Waiting for data. Press Ctrl+C to end.
> Source_ Event_________________ Ch _Data__
> 24:0 Control change 0 64 127
> 24:0 Note on 0 82 82
> 24:0 Note on 0 82 0
> 24:0 Control change 0 64 0
>
> The above sequence dumped by aseqdump shows only one note event (lines
> 2+3: press+release) but I heard a delayed note as mentioned in my first
> mail.
> The keyboard seems to do things right, so I think it comes from qsynth.
> Isn't that strange? I mean many people around there use qsynth, am I the
> only one to have this kind of problem?

Hmm, have never had QSynth repeat a note unless I actually repeated a
note. Interesting. I don't know the innards of MIDI events, so don't
know what the various numbers above mean.

WAGging around: Is your USB MIDI connection sharing a USB bus with other
USB devices? Maybe some other USB device is doing something weird with
the bus and something isn't getting handled right?

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden