Re: [LAU] Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

From: Nicolas BERCHER <nbercher@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 13:15:13 EEST

On 08.06.2010 11:21, David Santamauro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:57:13 +0200
> Nicolas BERCHER<nbercher@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>> So, I checked what's going on:
>> $ aseqdump --list
>> Port Client name Port name
>> 0:0 System Timer
>> 0:1 System Announce
>> 14:0 Midi Through Midi Through Port-0
>> 20:0 SB Live! Value [CT4870] EMU10K1 MPU-401 (UART)
>> 24:0 USB Keystation 88es USB Keystation 88es MIDI 1
>> $ aseqdump -p 24:0
>> Waiting for data. Press Ctrl+C to end.
>> Source_ Event_________________ Ch _Data__
>> 24:0 Control change 0 64 127
>> 24:0 Note on 0 82 82
>> 24:0 Note on 0 82 0
>> 24:0 Control change 0 64 0
>>
>> The above sequence dumped by aseqdump shows only one note event
>> (lines 2+3: press+release) but I heard a delayed note as mentioned in
>> my first mail.
>>
> Actually, there are two note events and both are NOTE ON, one with
> velocity of 82 and the other 0. The velocity 0 should be interpreted as
> NOTE OFF.

I forgot to tell you that the third dump line, which correspond to the
key release, appeared *after* the undesired delayed note (I've kept it
pressed about ten seconds).
So I think that the keyboard events are well interpreted by qsynth since
I can play piano in a standard way: notes can ring as long as I want
when I press/release the keys!

Nicolas