Re: [LAU] turning a consumer soundcard into "prosumer" w/ quasi-balanced outs

From: Monty Montgomery <xiphmont@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 16:13:05 EEST

> The stuff around 14 kHz in R is strange. It's noise, not a
> single frequency interference. No idea where it comes from.

Last time I saw a random peak that strong, it turned out to be a
byproduct from an opamp that was underdamped and self-oscillating at
about 10MHz... It moved around just a little bit as the oscillation
wasn't itself entirely stable. Complete shot in the dark, I do't
expect to ever see it again (except in homebrew designs that are
slapped together without alot of design analysis).

Ah, the fun of using sound cards as analyzers :-)

Monty