Re: [LAU] Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 14:51:34 EEST

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:39:47 +0200
Nicolas BERCHER <nbercher@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 08.06.2010 12:11, David Santamauro wrote:
> > Just as a test, what is registered when you route your keyboard into
> > kmidimon and route kmidimon into qsynth (all defaults, simple piano
> > patch)
> > - does kmidimon show 1 note-on/note-off only
> > - does qsynth output correctly?
> >
> I can't manage to do this because kmidimon doesn't show any output
> entry in qjackctl's "connections" panel.
> I found nothing to switch on/off into kmidimon configuration to do
> so... usually jack-aware-software show their input(s)/output(s)
> automatically in there, what's going wrong with my kmidimon?
>
> Nicolas.

If the kmidimon jack ports don't show up in qjackctl automatically
under the ALSA tab, kmidimon has a menu item called "Connections".
Under that you can follow the "Configure Connections" and your device
should be available under "Available Input Connections" and qsynth (if
running) should be available from the drop-down "Output Connection".

David