[LAU] KMidimon ports (was Re: Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes...)

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 11:25:14 EEST

On Tuesday, June 8, 2010, Nicolas BERCHER wrote:
> > Just as a test, what is registered when you route your keyboard into
> > kmidimon and route kmidimon into qsynth (all defaults, simple piano
> > patch)
> >    - does kmidimon show 1 note-on/note-off only
> >    - does qsynth output correctly?
> >

> I can't manage to do this because kmidimon doesn't show any output entry
> in qjackctl's "connections" panel.
> I found nothing to switch on/off into kmidimon configuration to do so...
> usually jack-aware-software show their input(s)/output(s) automatically
> in there, what's going wrong with my kmidimon?

There is nothing very wrong, only maybe slightly outdated. Recent KMidimon
releases (since 0.7.0 published one year ago) have a MIDI OUT port, in
addition to the MIDI IN one that has been always there. They are shown in the
ALSA tab of qjackctl. KMidimon uses the ALSA sequencer, not Jack.

About the MIDI THRU routing (copying the events received from the MIDI IN port
to the MIDI OUT port), I'm sorry but KMidimon can't do that. The MIDI OUT
port is used only for playback of either the events recorded from the MIDI IN
port, or the events loaded from a SMF or WRK file.

Regards,
Pedro