Re: [LAU] Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

From: Nicolas BERCHER <nbercher@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 14:39:47 EEST

On 08.06.2010 12:11, David Santamauro wrote:
> Sorry, I re-read the initial post -- 4 notes, hrmmm. That points
> to a hardware issue but aseqdump doesn't show additional events.
>
> Although I haven't delved into the code, the translation of NOTE ON (0)
> to NOTE OFF should be happening at a much lower level than user-space
> software. There is one standard for midi note on/off and it is clear
> that note on (0) must be interpreted as note off.

Ok, thanks for the precious details.

> Have you tried playing it back through a different sound generator,
> possibly external gear attached to your 20:0 port?

I don't own any external generator.
I've tested timidity a few months ago, but its latency was about a few
seconds, horrible...!

> Just as a test, what is registered when you route your keyboard into
> kmidimon and route kmidimon into qsynth (all defaults, simple piano
> patch)
> - does kmidimon show 1 note-on/note-off only
> - does qsynth output correctly?

I can't manage to do this because kmidimon doesn't show any output entry
in qjackctl's "connections" panel.
I found nothing to switch on/off into kmidimon configuration to do so...
usually jack-aware-software show their input(s)/output(s) automatically
in there, what's going wrong with my kmidimon?

Nicolas.