Re: [LAU] audacity alternative?

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 11 2010 - 14:55:30 EEST

Am 11.06.2010 08:23, schrieb Joep L. Blom:
> Joel Roth wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:59:15PM -0700, Greg wrote:
>>> Hi all, I was wondering if you knew of a good alternative to Audacity.

> I discovered 2 days ago qtractor and I think that does the things you
> want.

Qtractor is a powerful, very nice MII-Sequencer with good
Audio-capabilities but it is NOT the obvious choice, if you want to
replace Audacity.

I also recommend MHWaveedit. For day-to-day audiocutting and even as an
advanced wave-fileplayer. (And I have not seen a crash with it in the
last 2 or-so years).
SND is very cool for experiments with sounds derived from recordings but
its learning-curve is steep if you want to use it for simple stuff.
Si I like SND for granular-synthesis, extreme time-strecheffects,
realtime-effects for small samples and so on but MHW is better for
simple editing.