Re: [LAU] A Bach in appology and completeness :-)

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 08:16:56 EEST

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Stephen!
> Sorry, to contradict you in general. :-) But I simply have to. I met a
> few other blind people over the years and I found, that a good deal of
> them, can't hear any better than sighted people. Including disco damage
> and all that. I grant you, they are worse off, than those who do take
> care of their ears and train them.
> My hearing is OK, but not fabulous. I met loads of sighted people, who
> have a better sense of hearing.
> OK, remembering someone by voice is an essential thing. Otherwise
> you're simply marked as forgetful and you will have problems. :-)

Everyone's brain begins is different in its balance between visual and
audio processing (although I supposed someone blind from birth would
grow up as a very strong audio processor simply because the visual
processing side wouldn't develop as much.

I'm a very visual processor who plays very well by ear (started playing
by ear at age 2). Go figure!

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden