Re: [LAU] Archiving Audacity Projects

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 24 2010 - 10:08:59 EEST

Excerpts from Kevin Cosgrove's message of 2010-06-24 05:49:50 +0200:

> Anyone know of a convenient way to archive an Audacity project.
> I want to save everything in a way that makes use of lossless
> compression, but keeps enough structure that one can get back
> to a working Audacity session. I can see how this might be
> scripted. Has anyone tried that? Succeeded? Have anything to
> share?
>
> Thanks all.....

I assume you mean a combination of general purpose lossless compression
& audio lossless compression? Otherwise just tar.xz or whatever should
be easy enough. In case you want the lossless audio compression I'd say
use wavpack, because it can handle float formats as well.
I've never done such a thing, but I guess you could do it like this:
give the project dir as argument, then it searches through it for wav
files by extension or maybe using 'file' or something, compress those
using wavpack, then compress the whole dir using .xz or whatever.
To decompress, decompress the .xz, search for .wv and decompress those.

I might be missing something.

--
Regards,
Philipp