Re: [LAU] Help finding parts for building a hardware system

From: Mike McGonagle <mjmogo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 10 2010 - 22:25:54 EEST

In continuing my search for information on building a computer, I
found this website ( http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/ ). While
this site says it is about building a gaming system, I would imagine
that the information is applicable to building a system for using as a
Digital Audio Workstation, too.

I guess I should move on to other questions that are more related to
specifics about a DAW system. Things such as how the software would
take advantage of a multiple processor machine. Would something like
that require a custom compile for that particular machine? Or are
there builds that already exist? How about the system kernel? Would
that require a custom build for these things to be advantageous?

I would be interested in hearing anyone's experiences in putting
together their own systems, and how they decided what things to
include, AND exclude, and why?

Thanks,

Mike