Re: [LAU] So long, and thanks for all the fish.

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 13:13:57 EEST

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Yes, but it's a very British thing to do, throwing a very public
> tantrum about something other people are doing that you don't like
> rather than simply taking a couple of small steps to avoid it.

That's a rather sweeping (and as far as I can tell untrue) statement.

With the exception of readers of the Daily Mail (a horrible
hate-riddled tabloid), most British people (in my experience as a
native) have pretty much a live and let live attitude in my
experience.

You won't see me storming off in a huff, but I do do a fair bit of
ignoring (although in this case my British reserve didn't win out...).

James