Re: [LAU] Reverb to use with LinuxSampler/piano?

From: Aaron Krister Johnson <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 05:15:46 EEST

Anyone who wants is welcome to grab a soundfont I made some years ago. It's
based on samples from my Yamaha-P200 digital piano. You might balk at the
idea of samples from samples, but I think they sound pretty good, and the
price is right. I actually use this a lot and prefer it over some Steinway
fonts I've downloaded at Hammersound.

http://www.akjmusic.com/packages/yamaha_p200_version2.sfArk

-AKJ

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 07:14:38PM -0500, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> > I never found a really good piano .SF2; this is why I set up
> > LinuxSampler. Right now I am using the one they provide on their web
> > site, and it's pretty good, but when I get the $ I'm going to try to
> > find a Bosendorfer .gig I read about a while back. I have always wanted
> > to play a Bosendorfer since I heard of them, and the .gig I heard of was
> > $40, I was told it is excellent.
> >
> > J.E.B.
> >
> > On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 11:34 -0300, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> > > Hey Jonathan,
> > >
> > > What piano soundfont did you find the best? I'm looking for a really
> > > good one here.
> >

> For years I used a Steinway soundfont that was $5 on the internets. Worked
> well, sounded well.
>
> Lately I use the Old Lady Gigasample in LinuxSampler for recording
> purposes.
>
> Live I use a very simple piano soundfont lifted from a PC52 or some such
> General Midi soundfont, because it is lightweight and doesn't use up too
> much CPU on my EEE, and also because it cuts through the mix with almost
> headache-inducing force.
>
> -ken

Best,
Aaron Krister Johnson