Re: [LAU] Reverb to use with LinuxSampler/piano?

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 06:37:04 EEST

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 07:14:38PM -0500, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> I never found a really good piano .SF2; this is why I set up
> LinuxSampler. Right now I am using the one they provide on their web
> site, and it's pretty good, but when I get the $ I'm going to try to
> find a Bosendorfer .gig I read about a while back. I have always wanted
> to play a Bosendorfer since I heard of them, and the .gig I heard of was
> $40, I was told it is excellent.
>
> J.E.B.
>
> On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 11:34 -0300, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> > Hey Jonathan,
> >
> > What piano soundfont did you find the best? I'm looking for a really
> > good one here.

For years I used a Steinway soundfont that was $5 on the internets. Worked well, sounded well.

Lately I use the Old Lady Gigasample in LinuxSampler for recording purposes.

Live I use a very simple piano soundfont lifted from a PC52 or some such General Midi soundfont, because it is lightweight and doesn't use up too much CPU on my EEE, and also because it cuts through the mix with almost headache-inducing force.

-ken