Re: [LAU] [OT] Farming Implements and bad puns (was Re: Wired... wires confused!)

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 19 2010 - 18:11:44 EEST

Someone wrote:

>> Musical saws have always intrigued me ...

I saw Charles Mingus a couple of time in the 70s. On one gig Ed
Blackwell played drums. Mingus announced a piece that included Blackwell
on the saw, he gave a litle lecture first on how it's a real musical
instrument and we should respect it. I don't recall the piece he played,
other than that it was pleasant sounding music, nothing atonal or
especially far out.

Mingus was very serious about it all, he didn't want people thinking it
was a comedic thing.

Best,

dp