Re: [LAU] specimen midi cc / simple lv2 sampler?

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 05:09:44 EEST

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, allcoms wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone here has had any success or experience
> controlling specimen (say the volume and pan sliders for example) via
> MIDI cc as I've not been able to find any documentation on this aspect
> of the app. What controller numbers control what? Is it possible to
> set the controller numbers for different parameters without adjusting
> the source and recompiling?

Have you tried the standard CC's?[1]

Otherwise: Use the source, Luke!

> honest I'd prefer something more like specimen but as an LV2 plugin.
> Is anyone already working on such an app?

Composite[2] is similar to Specimen and has an LV2
sampler plugin (but no LV2 sampler GUI). It uses "drum
kits" that are identical to Hydrogen's. It's not as nice as
Specimen... but it is similar and LV2.

-gabriel

[1] http://www.blitter.com/~russtopia/MIDI/~jglatt/tech/midispec.htm
[2] http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/