Re: [LAU] recorded with Ardour+friends

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 18:23:39 EEST

On 08/02/2010 05:01 PM, Sean Corbett wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> My friends who I recorded using 100% FLOSS this past winter/spring
> finally 'released' the recording on their MySpace page:
>
> http://www.myspace.com/amplifiersmakenoise
>
> "Formations" is the highlight from a songwriting perspective, in my
> opinion (though we achieved some pretty huge drum sounds on
> "Redemption Song").
>
> Recorded/mixed/mastered with Jack1, Ardour, SWH, CAPS, TAP, Invada,
> JConvolver, Jamin -- and probably others I'm forgetting -- on an Arch
> Linux box. Thanks devs, for all the great tools!
>
> -sean

Hello Sean,

Listening to Formations now. Do you also happen to have better quality
audio files, Youtube really messed them up. And so far I don't quite dig
the lead vocals (as opposed to the backing vocals, those are nicely
done), too mumbling and nasal for me, especially the couplets. The
melody is in my opinion a bit weak too. But that's all a matter of taste
and the music and composition itself are impressing, so is the quality
of the recording/mixing/mastering. Great stuff! My kind of genre too.
And the guys know how to use their instruments.
All in all, this is some of the best stuff I've heard so far completely
done with Linux, hats off!

Best,

Jeremy