Re: [LAU] LinuxMusicians Monthly Round-Up #1 - August 2010

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 06 2010 - 16:31:34 EEST

Hi Jeremy,

On 08/06/2010 12:21 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've started a new initiative under the umbrella of LinuxMusicians,
> namely publishing an editorial on Linux audio developments and Linux
> audio related news. My goal is to publish an editorial at the beginning
> of each month to cover what happened in the month before. The first
> editorial covering the month July is finished and published:
> http://linuxmusicians.autostatic.com/2010/08/05/editorial-august-2010

Very well done!

If you like, it'd be great if we could mirror (or you write) these
articles on http://linuxaudio.org.

> I'd really appreciate any feedback, remarks etc. and any input for the
> next edition is more than welcome. This time I mainly focused on the
> releases of new versions of apps and new projects. From now on I want to
> keep track of that so I can elaborate more on the news part.

http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/laa/feed
http://lam.fugal.net/ or http://lam.fugal.net/songs/atom
http://planet.linuxaudio.org/

..will come in helpful for keeping track, but I guess you already know
those :)

It'd also be nice to include an overview for some upcoming events: eg.
MakeArt(November, FR), FOMS/OVC (October, US), Linux Plumbers (Nov, US),
Piksel (November, NO),..

Should you follow the lists closely, you could also link to, or
summarize interesting email-discussions or forum-messages. similar to
kerneltrap.org.

2c,
robin