Re: [LAU] ceres

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Tue Aug 10 2010 - 14:20:15 EEST

Hi Menno!
   I don't work with graphics much, but I know this much: GTK1 and GTK2 have
some differences. That's why there are apps, which offer a choice of gtk1 or
gtk2. If you can install gtk1 as well. It seems, that gtk2 doesn't have the
same script for finding configuration options (the glib-config).
   If there's no gtk1 package for your Ubuntu version, then - I think - there's
nothing but to say: tough luck. Or dabble with the source code itself. though
that might be a bigger project.
   Isn't ceres a frontend for csound? If so: then there are other frontneds,
which are acutally maintained. If not, then there are at least other synth
alternatives.
   I hope that helps a bit.
   Kindly yours
            Julien