[LAU] Guitar rock made with Ardour and Hydrogen

From: Roberto Suarez Soto <talkingxouba@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 10 2010 - 15:54:53 EEST

Hi,

        it seems it's allowed to publish what you've recorded with Linux
here. Please, tell me if this is not the right place or if there is some kind
of "customary protocol" for this kind of things :-)

        I've recorded an instrumental rock song using Ardour and Hydrogen.
Guitar tracks were recorded using a Parker PM20 Pro, and bass tracks using a
Yamaha RBX 374. Distortion and overdrive (and some compression for the bass)
were provided by a V-Amp 2 that I also used to connect the instruments to the
computer's line-in.

        The song's title is "Trillian Cut", and can be downloaded from this

        The sound is not very clear: some instruments are muddy, and
I haven't found a way to make them sound well in the mix without
overlapping or clipping. I've tried to use panning and equalization to make
it better, but I'm a newbie in everything audio and the result was not as
good as I'd like. Advice is not only welcome, but much appreciated.

        Thanks in advance,

--
    Roberto Suarez Soto                   Lift up the receiver,
                                       I'll make you a believer