Re: [LAU] Myna

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2010 - 13:55:20 EEST

On Wed, August 25, 2010 3:08 am, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just FYI :
>
> http://aviary.com/tools/myna
>
> An interesting Web-based sound editor. I haven't tried it yet.

It's an amazing concept that the library is available for free to everyone
and anyone. Even with the pro accounts I can't see how they are able to
break even let alone make a profit though.

Is it just the Worth1000.com community who makes it sustainable or are the
investors just altruistic? Somehow I doubt either is the case so whats the
catch?

Are they going for the social network aspect to sell it off to
myspace/facebook/google/apple once they have all the different media
creation tools in play?

I guess that is a good way to make some serious cash. All of those
companies are not afraid to spend upwards of $500mil on a new acquisition.

I spose they could develop that site and the other tools for less than
50mil. Looks like they are way ahead of the market already. I put money on
myspace.com acquiring them in short order.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.