Re: [LAU] Subconscious Affecting Music

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 26 2010 - 09:51:10 EEST

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Patrick Shirkey <
pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, August 25, 2010 11:42 pm, Louigi Verona wrote:
> > I generally agree with you Patrick.
> >
> > I believe that aggressive and sexual responses are too basic and this is
> > why
> > it is so easy to trigger them. However, I also believe that humans are
> > much
> > more than just animals and:
> >
> > 1. With time these responses dull out. Even overall you can see people
> > getting tired of all those commercial tricks and stopping to respond.
> > 2. The more delicate response to higher level of art is less evident, but
> > influences people on long term more.
> >
> > In general, I am optimistic. No matter how you try to spoil people,
> sooner
> > or later something inside us kicks back in and does not allow to make the
> > damage permanent.
> >

> In this case the response mechanism might be growing up, having kids and
> not being able to go out to clubs anymore?
>
> Still I'm interested to find a way to subvert this compositional technique
> if it is possible.
>

> --
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd.

It's not the compositional technique - it's the context. If you listen to
dub ambient, like Saafi Brothers,
you will see that same techniques give an absolutely different impression.
The context of the project
is different. House drums can give a very different feel when used
differently.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/