Re: [LAU] Inquiry regarding midi-filters

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 27 2010 - 00:33:47 EEST

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
 wrote:

> Is there any other easy midi-router / -filter that even thinks about these
> use
> cases? (Note: I didn't yet try pidim...)

http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/

///////////////////////////////////
 ///////////////////////////////////
  ///////////////////////////////////
mididings is a MIDI router and processor based on Python, supporting ALSA
and JACK MIDI. It is available under the GNU GPL and currently runs on
Linux.

Features:

MIDI routing and filtering
Filter events depending on their event type, channel, note number, velocity,
etc., and freely route them between an arbitrary number of input and output
ports.

Modifying and converting MIDI events
Transpose notes, apply velocity curves, change controller values and ranges,
or convert events to any other MIDI event type. mididings also includes more
complex functions like a diatonic harmonizer, floating split points, latched
notes, and more.

Seamless switching between patches
Set up different "scenes", each with its own MIDI routing and processing,
and switch between them at any time, even while playing. Switching scenes
does not affect notes already held, and does not result in dropouts or stuck
notes!

MIDI event monitoring, running external commands
Print MIDI event data to the console to help debugging your patches and
configuring your MIDI controllers. In addition to its MIDI output, mididings
can also execute shell commands and send OSC or DBUS messages.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: as a recent convert to Vala ( http://spekle.googlecode.com ) I wish
there was a http://live.gnome.org/Genie version of mididings ...