Re: [LAU] Inquiry regarding midi-filters

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 27 2010 - 07:54:47 EEST

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 4:23 AM, Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> puredata is not able to do this. While it is easy to connect ctlin with
> ctlout
> and switch ctrl and value, it sometimes uses the value from the event
> before
> and I couldn't get that to work either... (If some pd crack can give me a
> hint, I am very open to that, the problem seems to be that the events are
> passed/handled in the wrong order.)

I'm by no means a pd crack, but I believe there are a number of ways to get
this done in pd. I'd be inclined to use a a pack object to ensure all event
values are coupled with their controller number. You can then use a route
object to split the toggle states of your nanokontrol button presses into
ctlout 104 or ctlout 105 triggers, with the appropriate values assigned. The
attached patch seems to work for me, assuming your hi/low toggle values for
your buttons are set to 127/0.

-mjn