Re: [LAU] OT: external sound for linux card advice

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 04 2010 - 22:26:17 EEST

On 09/04/2010 08:19 PM, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> Really? Jack can mute with xruns on firewire?
> I have an Edirol PCR-1 but I couldn't get it running on my linux box. damn!

The Edirol PCR-1 should work, especially with the quirk Clemens Ladisch
provided you about two months ago.
And yes, some apps can take JACK down, especially when using low
latencies. I'm having particular problems myself with Hydrogen and
Qsynth. If I start up Qsynth I immediately get one or two xruns that
could mute JACK. But that could be the older version of JACK that I use
(0.116.x). Like I said, don't know about JACK2.

Best,

Jeremy