Re: [LAU] Impulse Response Files for Guitareros

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Fri Sep 10 2010 - 09:58:40 EEST

Am Freitag, den 10.09.2010, 08:34 +0200 schrieb Goran Mekić:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:17:31 +0200
> hermann <brummer-@web.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > guitarix user "funkmuscle" points me to some high quality IR-files,
> > witch can be used with guitarix or Rakarrack for example, to emulate a
> > nice Marshal sound. I'm really impressed by the quality of this files.
> >
> > Redwirez gives away for free a set of the Marshall 1960A, only a
> > Registration is needed.
> >
> > http://www.redwirez.com/free1960g12m25s.jsp
> >
> > greats hermann
> >

> OK, you're free to call me stupid, but I just can't get a decent sound out of IR. I'm not doing something right, I'm sure. Can anyone, please, tell me how to set up guitarix or rakarrack with some good IRs? Thanx!

In guitarix it is simple, just load the IR file with the settings
widget, and press run. Okay, most files I have tested before needs a bit
of trim, e.g. a offset of a few samples and a length cut, and possible
setup a gain curve, that isn't needed with the files from Redwirez.
The Ir files brings a kind of Sound colour (reverb or/and cab emulation)
to the output, you need to adjust the settings for the Amp and maybe
some Effects to your needs.