Re: [LAU] Linux Audio Monthly Round-Up #2 - September 2010

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 10 2010 - 11:00:12 EEST

On 09/09/2010 07:27 PM, allcoms wrote:
> Thanks Jeremy!
>
> I remember someone questioning the worthiness of your round-up but I'd
> like to think any doubts that they or anyone else had have been laid
> to rest now as there are a few things in this latest collection that I
> saw no mention of on LA*.

Hello Dan,

That's right, not every project announces new versions on the
linux-audio-announce list.

> I was very pleased to hear that someone has picked up the development
> of PHASEX and I eagerly anticipate JACK MIDI and session support being
> added.

JACK session support has no top priority afaik, disabled prefers LASH.
But the more people ask for this feature, the faster he might add it.

 I'm also most impressed with Mr McCormick's tracks- thats about
> the best 'electro' stuff I've heard created with FOSS yet so I'll be
> having a play with GarageAcidLab ASAP.

100% agreed, very good stuff indeed, if you like it you should also
check what shrp.me is doing:

http://shrp.me/audio/2010-06-11.ogg
http://shrp.me/audio/2010-03-16.ogg

He's now checking out Yoshimi so hopefully any new tracks will lack the
clicks and crackling that ZynAddSubFX produces every now and then (the
instruments used in these tracks are all ZynAddSubFX, and a bit of Specimen)

> Keep up the great work!
>
> Dan

I will, especially with all the positive feedback I get, really
appreciate it. So thanks!

Best,

Jeremy