[LAU] Other Places

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 02:04:19 EEST

I wonder how many people here submit music to either non-Linux sites,
or at least ones that are poorly represented.

I maintain and artists page with occasional entries on :-
http://www.muzic.com

These people are linked with the Internet Archive. Unfortunately they
insist on mp3 files, but nevertheless it's a place to strut your
stuff, as they say. I don't always mention that my tracks are composed
on Linux systems - don't want to scare people off :)

Another site I contribute to is :-
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/
Anyone is free to browse the forum, but you need to register to submit
anything. This is a *very* friendly group. You get a lot of support
and suggestions, and there is nearly always a couple of
multi-person collaborations in progress.

There are about 3-4 of us that use Linux, and it's just no big deal.
Sometimes we get asked questions by the curious - in which case we
answer of course without trying to evangelise!

Finally, I also make postings on :-
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
This is the KVR music cafe. It is a popular site and has a *very*
fast music turnover of just about every style imaginable. Sadly I think
I'm the only Linux player on there :(

I particularly enjoy the monthly themed contest. It forces you out of
complacency as you never know what the theme will be. This month is
easy actually. The tune can be what you like but must include at least
one child's toy instrument (samples are accepted). Also, this month you
have to write at least 10 reviews of other artists work :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk