Re: [LAU] Other Places

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 02:35:51 EEST

Folderol wrote:

> Finally, I also make postings on :-
> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
> This is the KVR music cafe. It is a popular site and has a *very*
> fast music turnover of just about every style imaginable. Sadly I think
> I'm the only Linux player on there :(
>
> I particularly enjoy the monthly themed contest. It forces you out of
> complacency as you never know what the theme will be. This month is
> easy actually. The tune can be what you like but must include at least
> one child's toy instrument (samples are accepted). Also, this month you
> have to write at least 10 reviews of other artists work :)

Nope, you're not alone. I know that I'm as far away from prodigious as
it's possible to be, only ever very rarely posting incomplete sections
of pieces, however, I have posted music oh, possibly three times on KVR.
That's almost habitual! In fact, I do believe you commented on one of
the pieces, but I think it was one that I've never posted here, so you
might not have connected me there with me here, not that I ever post
much here either. I really need to buck up my ideas :-)

Our own dp has posted at least one track on KVR that I remember. There
are several other Linux users on KVR, but how many of them post music I
don't know. I've learnt a lot from the site, but I can see that it is an
acquired taste and could be a little off-putting to newbies :-)

Sadly, I've lost touch with it in the last couple of months -- it used
to be my daily lunchtime soap opera and car-crash watching, a wonderful,
and sometimes informative, diversion from work. But lately I have a lot
more time on my hands and it's all devoted to looking for work :-( (No,
I wasn't sacked for inappropriate internet usage, just made redundant!)

Q (aka Lost_Highway)