Re: [LAU] OT music conducive to programming?

From: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 23 2010 - 06:50:53 EEST

There is the tomatis method that claims that Mozart is more
psychologically healing than any other music.

----------------------
Excerpt from: http://www.tomatis.com/index.php?page=faq&lang=2

After numerous trials with other types of music, we have found that
the results obtained by using Mozart's music are amazing, no matter
where in the world it is evaluated. In fact, we note that this music
is not only very well accepted on every continent but that it also
allows listeners to reestablish their own inner equilibrium. In order
to understand this effect upon the sense of human balance, we must
recall that music is characterized by rhythm, which touches the body;
by harmony, which reaches the emotions; and by melody, which calls
upon the intellect. According to the classical ideal, these three
parameters should be in balance, which is rarely the case, one or the
other often being dominant, and, for this reason, producing a rather
unusual musical discourse. In the case of Mozart, it seems that this
balance was achieved, which may explain the universal character of his
music.