Re: [LAU] OT music conducive to programming?

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 23 2010 - 10:12:23 EEST

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 September 2010 14:12, Niels Mayer wrote:
>> PS: re http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr7MTZPs_A&feature=fvw --
>> Anybody have the midi for this? It needs a remix.  :-)
>> (And given that half the keyboard "solos" from prog-rock (Keith
>> Emerson? Rick Wakeman??) seem to have been ripped off from this
>> composition anyways, it wouldn't be the first moustache painted on a
>> monalisa.)
>
> Well, while all the prog-rock keyboardists liked to lift classical music,
> "Hungarian Rock" was composed in 1978 from what I'm seeing.  The better-
> known Emerson and Wakeman stuff had been out for 5 years or more by that
> time.  Maybe he was a fan of theirs?
>
> Rob

78? In that case its ripping off the title track of The Nice's "5 bridges" album

If you like prog or not, everybody needs to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NArOpaKC3E

Quality leaves quite a lot to be desired, but this is one of the
earliest prog gigs captured on video and it never really got any
better. Maybe it looks so bad because I've worn it out through playing
it so many times? ;)

If anyone has links to (nearly) full gig vids of early Crimson, you
know where to send 'em