Re: [LAU] OT music conducive to programming?

From: James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 23 2010 - 11:02:13 EEST

On 23 September 2010 02:18, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Part of the problem is that the organ being used in the original
> example is off in it's wimpy-sounding register until it gets chorded
> in the midrange and then it sounds almost proper, though wanting in
> bass. Too bad it couldn't be played on the awesome-sounding organ from

I feel like I have to defend my posting of this clip now!

I never intended it as something to listen to while programming - it
was just something I found which I wanted to share because I it was
completely new to me.

That it was played on a barrel organ didn't really click until I read
this. I saw one at a local steam rally in the summer this year and
didn't have a clue what it was.

I actually like the instrument sound in the original clip, it is much
funkier than the other (is it harpsichord?) clips IMO. I did like the
timing of it too as I thought these were all part of the composers
intentions.

But now I know it's played on a barrel organ, and that it's probably
not supposed to sound quite like that...

You've ruined the enjoyment that clip gave me, thinking this mad crazy
composer actually intended it to sound like that :-(

Man it inspired me, and I've been extremely short of that lately.

Oh well I'll live :-)

James.