Re: [LAU] No batch processing on Linux?

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 27 2010 - 22:54:48 EEST

Excerpts from Arnold Krille's message of 2010-09-27 21:35:50 +0200:
> On Monday 27 September 2010 19:51:35 Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> > Excerpts from Arnold Krille's message of 2010-09-26 23:16:05 +0200:
> > > And pythons inbuilt documentation-system saves you another three days of
> > > that deadline...
> > Documentation has nothing to do with indentation, and there probably
> > are documentation systems for every language.
>
> That is correct. But I wasn't talking about inbuilt documentation helping
> indentation. I was talking about inbuilt documentation helping you to
> (re-)evaluate code you (or others) wrote some time ago.

Ok, so indentation and documentation are completely unrelated issues,
except when well done, both help you to understand the code at some
later time. Python forces you to use consistent indentation and has some
built in documentation system.

> And I was talking about "help(someclass.function)" inside python to get the
> documentation for that python class. Try that in C(++) :-)
>
> Have fun,
>
> Arnold

I guess you do that from some python shell, so I don't see the big
difference to any other way to search documentation/classes/whatever.