[LAU] USB soundcard recommendation

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 03 2010 - 13:41:30 EEST

Hi

Seeing as we have the ability, we'd like to record and mix @ 96Khz but
my band mates internal laptop sound chipset can't do any better than
48Khz hence he can't use it for mixing and he's looking out for
something that'd work well with ALSA thats guaranteed to be able to
run JACK (at least for playback) at 24-bit/ 96Khz.

Essentially I'd like two recommendations for this- a real budget
device that just has audio out (maybe 35mm input too) but also a
slightly more costly alternative with a phantom power capable XLR mic
input should he want to do overdubs at home.

Thanks!