Re: [LAU] Some new things to play with

From: alex stone <compose59@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 18:55:09 EEST

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 7:36 PM, <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 06:01:45PM +0400, alex stone wrote:
>
>> I think the colours are quite elegant. Cheerful without being aggressive.
>
> Not being agressive is important. You should be able to look at a
> screen full of these for hours, without eye strain or getting
> nervous.

Correct. And as a user, it might be fair to say i spend, and have
spent, more time looking at apps for prolonged periods than most devs.
Saturated colours might seem a good idea at the time, but in my humble
experience, it's a sure fire recipe for headaches, feelings of ill
intent, bleeding eyes, the urge to decapitate something, monitor
destruction, etc, when used for any length of time on a regular
basis.

>> And Fons has, most importantly, refrained from using Godzilla Green,
>> that terribly saturated affront to eyesight, and good taste, that some
>> seem to find necessary in other apps to attempt some semblance of
>> affinity with hardware equivalents.
>
> It's as horrible on hardware as it is on your screen (as are
> most of those 'fluo' colors). But Godzilla was red IIRC (at
> least on the browser icon).
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> FA
>
> There are three of them, and Alleline.

So we're agreed then. Godzilla Green, Murderous Red, Roaring Yellow,
and oversaturated colours in general, shall henceforth be banned from
the apps in our small but enthusiastic community, in a rebellious
diversion from the......'norm'.

Some revolutions are useful.........

:)

--