Re: [LAU] OT: C or C++?

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 15 2010 - 00:22:17 EEST

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:09:01 -0300
Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros2@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I never got the point of Java. It has terrible performance and is much more
> complicated then Python.
> If you want performance go to C/C++, if you want produtivicty go Python. So
> why Java?

As a rather casual programmer, I still struggle with C. I'd done some useful
little bits of work with the Arduino platform at work, but don't really have the
time to study it in depth - in my own time I'd rather play music :P
However, I had to write a real program in somewhat a hurry as we were replacing
some obsolete kit. I found that Python was absolutely ideal for this. I didn't
use its OO capabilities - again due to learning time constraints, so am sure
it could have been done 'better', but it works and is reliable in an industrial
setting. The icing on the cake for me, was that it only needed a relatively
simple UI, and pygame was ideal for this.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk