Re: [LAU] OT: C or C++?

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 15 2010 - 00:20:41 EEST

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:52:48PM +0200, R. Mattes wrote:

> I _never_ encountered a company doing in-house development in C++.

Strange. All those I worked for used C++. That includes a few big
names like Thales (military) and Alcatel (space). I've seen Java
used once at Alcatel, it turned out to be a disaster.

> You can sell Java class files and run them on anything from
> Windows, Mac, Linux to TueUinx, Solaris (rip) and AS400
> mainframes.

The portability comes at the expense of downgrading e.g. audio
infrastructure. Ever seen a Java app that uses Jack the way it's
meant to ?

Ciao,

--
FA