Re: [LAU] wanted:audio player

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 17 2010 - 16:11:03 EEST

On Sunday 17 October 2010 13:23:37 fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:32:29AM +0200, Björn Lindig wrote:
> > Hey, check-out moc-player. It is ncurses-based and I use it very much,
> > because it startsup very fast.
>
> No CDDA as far as I can see. And that's in fact rather essential.
> Normal sound files including multichannel are handled by my own
> player. No mp3 so far, maybe I'll add it. But I need something
> to plays CDs when 'out of office'.
>
> Every now and then someone asks me for a CD after a recording.
> Burning it is no problem, checking the result is.

For checking the results I would say an external cd-player is better.
Otherwise you probably only know that the drive that burnt them is able to
read them:-)

Other than that: mplayer does what you want, it plays
mp3/ogg/flac/wav/you_name_it, cdda and also does multichannel. I successfully
used it to play ambisonics files within jack. While it normally does auto-
connect to the first hardware-outputs, it can be told to connect to any other
jack-client or to none at all...

Have fun,

Arnold