Re: [LAU] Write down music for practicing?

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 20:53:28 EEST

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> There is also OOOLilyPond, a Lilypond macro for OpenOffice.

This sounds like it could be used for "collaborative composition"
along with the openoffice importer feature of XWiki platform:
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/OfficeImporterApplication

In that you could upload any kind of document that can be read by
openoffice to a website running http://xwiki.org platform and they'd
automatically get converted to web documents that can be wiki-edited
as regular documents. Although since it's an "import" it's a one-way
operation. And I'm not sure how the music fonts would end up getting
handled in the browser (or if music would end up rendered as images
included in the web document).

It's certainly worth a try for those wanting to do this kind of thing
on the web. I always thought there ought to be a "wiki" for writing
music collaboratively.

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com